The National Arts Marketing Project (NAMP), a program of Americans for the Arts, is dedicated to serving arts professionals and artists who seek to market the arts, engage audiences, and serve their communities. We believe the arts have the power to transform individuals, organizations, and communities and we have seen that power at work across America. When arts professionals and artists are afforded the necessary skills to effectively market the arts and engage audiences, they have greater opportunities to not only strengthen their fiscal health and sustainability, but also create lasting impact in their communities. NAMP serves a broad group of arts professionals and individual artists of various skill levels who work to promote the arts as a vital part of both an enriched, healthy life and a strong community.
Americans for the Arts' mission is to serve, advance, and lead the network of organizations and individuals who cultivate, promote, sustain, and support the arts in America. Connecting your best ideas and leaders from the arts, communities, and business, together we can work to ensure that every American has access to the transformative power of the arts.
The National Arts Marketing Project released a Strategic Plan in 2016 focused on five board goals to expand the scope, impact, and visibility of our work. The goals are as follows:
- Deliver innovative, accessible, and valuable professional development to those working to marketing the arts and engage audiences across the professional spectrum.
- Engage the national arts marketing community by providing them a mechanism for connecting and by soliciting their participation, feedback, and brain power to ensure the growth, relevance, and sustainability NAMP.
- Ensure the National Arts Marketing Project’s own agility in responding to trends facing the future of the field, including technological advancements, new digital engagement initiatives, and cultural and demographic shifts in America.
- Increase the visibility, reach, and impact of the National Arts Marketing Project (NAMP), with a particular focus on strengthening the link between NAMP and its umbrella brand, Americans for the Arts.
- Support vibrant and healthy communities by providing effective marketing and audience engagement skill training and resources to Local Arts Agencies and Individual Artists.