NAMPRadio Episode 7: Customer Psychology and the Unexpected Power of Surveys
In this episode, the panelists (Ron Evans, Matt Campbell, Maris Smith and special guest panelist Alan Brown talk about the benefits of surveying your audience, survey distribution methods, best practices in survey creation, and a few stories from the trenches.
- Matt recommends: A pair of documentaries by Gary Hustwit: Helvetica (2007) and Objectified (2009). Not strictly marketing films, but should be of compelling interest to anyone who's interested in the psychology of marketing/branding, the times we live in, etc. Both available on DVD. www.helveticafilm.com & www.objectifiedfilm.com
- For the eventual posting on the NAMP site, each of these films has its own website: http://www.helveticafilm.com/, http://www.objectifiedfilm.com
- Ron recommends: The URL shortner bit.ly at http://bit.ly for its superior link-tracking ability giving you metrics on the short URLs you create.
- Alan recommends: Peter Linett’s recent article “Thinking about Audience Research” and the Arts Research Digest out of the U.K.
- Maris recommends: The “What not to do on Facebook” after the Nestle fiasco