Planning for Success: The Business of Art
- May 20, 2017
- Audience & Community Engagement, Resources for Individual Artists
- Coeur d'Alene, ID
The art market can be a crowded one, yet there is absolutely room for everyone. You just need to figure out where you fit in and then assess and implement the specific plans for getting yourself there. Being grounded in your art’s meaning, message and aim will guide your career activities, including its promotion, exhibition and audience development. Art is a business, and by adopting professional savvy coupled with good common sense you can reach your career goals.
In this information-packed, half-day workshop, Artist Career Consultant and Art Advisor McLean Emenegger, McLean Art Projects, will teach you the Business of Art basics in order to take your career to the next level. Topics include:
• Identifying your professional goals based on your work and personal and career aspirations: What is your art? What type of artist do you want to be? What do you want your art to do in the world?
• Taking personal and professional inventory, as well as identifying what “success” means to you
• Improving how you speak and write about your artwork
• Audience identification and effective marketing and messaging practices
• The “art of presentation” to best address your intended audience
• Marketing methodologies and mechanisms for raising your visibility outside of Coeur d’Alene
• Effectively using social media to reach and expand your audience base